PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 19th Sep 2018, 02:49
av8tordude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J74
Thank you very much for your useful input...
last things, even if I know that is all personal, but considering that have a family with a 2 y.o kid, for a better future perspective, and you have a choice between 2 seats, both as FO, which one would you address me...... to be on 737(my actual rating) in FZ or QA on T7 ?
thanks for your suggestions
It seems to me you are at a cross road and you are struggling to decide which path to take. Regardless of what path you take, you are not taking this path alone considering you do have a family. The decision to move should not be made by yourself without including you wife into the discussion and more importantly, you and your wife should decide what is best decision for the family now AND the future. Have you seriously considered the lifestyle change and the impact it could have if joined QR on the T7, not only on your health flying long-haul flying (you're not getting any younger), but also on your family. You will be away from home considerably a lot more vs your current schedule. You will be uprooting your family to move to a sandpit that looks no different from your current location. Dubai has a lot more activities to offer and is lot more accommodating to families who don't have the convenience of escaping the sandpit like pilots. Qatar not so much! Also, you will be watching your 2yr old grow up in pictures and Skype and missing out on all those other precious moments. I'm not sure how long you worked at FZ or how close you are to upgrading, but if you are close to upgrading, is it really worth making a lateral movement in your career to fly the T7 giving the minimum things I just described above?

At the end of the day, getting advice from people here is a bad decision. The only opinion and advice you should seek is from your family. Your family is your best advice.

Last edited by av8tordude; 20th Sep 2018 at 11:30.