PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Sep 2018, 23:43
A777Er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J74
Thank you very much for your useful input...
last things, even if I know that is all personal, but considering that have a family with a 2 y.o kid, for a better future perspective, and you have a choice between 2 seats, both as FO, which one would you address me...... to be on 737(my actual rating) in FZ or QA on T7 ?
thanks for your suggestions

Ok i can’t speak about FZ what I know from some friends over there that the command takes around 3 years especially if you have the hours. Flying wise you will fly a lot at night because everything based on seniority and I think they have a thread also on pprune very useful.
Regarding QR the 777 FO now flying a lot due to shortage (I think) it is totally different life style than the 737
sometimes you can get a long freighter flight for 12days so for family it is a bit complicated when you have this flight and unfortunately there is no way to know when you will have it or no. On the bright side it will take you around 3 to 12 months to be freighter qualified so for the first year maybe your roster will be awesome but again flying a lot
QR pays a generous education allowance which is good for your kid as soon as he is 4 so you can think about that as a plus.
Persoanlly I always wanted to fly on a wide body and the 777 is an amazing aircraft. I was also flying the 737 and the rating is quite popular now especially technically you will be rated 777-787 yeah you need a conversion course but...