PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight acadamy training
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2018, 11:21
PID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotLH350
Hi!
I am new on this forum and I have bunch of questions to ask you beacuse I do not know what should I do.
My dreams are to become pilot of Lufthansa long haul pilot.
As I know Lufthansa offers flight acadamy and they even have some sort of loan program so you pay for training from your own salary as a pilot.
What is your opinion about LH flight acadamy?
Is there any other option?
I think that there is not a lot of airlines that offers some sort of loan program. Correct me if I am wrong.
Any other opinions and tips will help me.

Thanks for your answer
Welcome

I know as much as what the website informs plus a bit more as I attended their event in the past.

From what I know, this is perhaps your best option out there today. Why? Because EFA is owned and managed directly by Lufthansa itself and its group of 5 other airlines.
Which means you are certain* to have a FO job at the end of the training as this is not a for profit organisation.

I would suggest to consider applying as soon as possible because at the moment the EFA is offering a 20,000EUR sign in bonus! If you are German, even better, you can apply for their MPL scheme which employs you directly to Lufthansa Airline as a FO.

The reason why they are doing the ATPL scheme very cheap for an integrated (practically operating at a loss) is because they are aware that not filling the FO seats in the future impacts the airline financially a lot more. I wish other airlines thought like this. To put into perspective, EasyJet has its application open now for the MPL scheme, they lowered their education standards to meet a broader audience but the price remains at £109,000.

*Certain means provided you meet their standards throughout the training and the aviation economy is still growing.

I hope this helps and best of luck

Peace!