PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No fly zone
Thread: No fly zone
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2018, 09:37
DomyDom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/13/france-may-stop-trains-and-planes-from-uk-under-no-deal-brexit

Very messy with French Minister indicating they may have to stop planes flying into or overflying France

( ....many of us thought they had already , but that's another story )

Tit for tat as the French probably haven't thought about the UK blocking airspace to ALL flights overflying UK effectively stopping not just the French but ALL EU-US flights for EXACTLY the same reason!

An idea mentioned by Ian Duncan Smith should technical compliance be raised funnily enough by the French!
Presumably if the UK doesn't have internationally recognised certification for it's aircraft I can see that being a problem not just for flights into France but into the EU as a whole and elsewhere. I don't think it has much to do with what a particular French/UK politician wants or doesn't want.​​​​​. It's a bit like Euratom and internation movement of radioisotopes/ technology after Brexit, without international agreement it becomes legally impossible. I think it's more likely agreement will be reached but all remaining UK owned airlines will change ownership to majority ownership by an EU country before April 19 and UK citizens may need to apply for a visa waiver (with a fee) to travel to the EU. Looking at the pattern of negotiations so far at each stage the UK starts by talking tough before signing up to all EU requirements at the last minute. I think we will see this again with the UK signing up to whatever the EU put on the table at the end of the day. We will no longer be rule makers but rule takers and that will be the legacy of Brexit in my view. It will be Brexit in name only.