PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2018, 01:46
s909049

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kuherrn
Folks,

I've applied to become a SIA cadet pilot somewhere towards the tail end of July. So far, the website says it is just 'In Review'. It hasn't changed and no updates have been posted.

I just want to know (especially some of you'll who have been successful in reaching the final stage of the interview), when did you apply? And in your own words, if you don't mind, what factor do you think played a role in advancing you up to the last stage of the interview. Were you'll outstanding academics or had an undergrad degree/diploma related to aviation? Absolutely anything will help to quench my doubt.

Thank you.
Hello,

My timeline for the application was:
Application - End of July
Invitation for Prelim Interviews - Early August
Prelim Interviews - Mid August (Results released after 2 working days)
Aptitude Test - Mid September (Results released on day itself)
Final Interview - Early October

I don't have outstanding school results. I just met their requirements stated on their website (English, Mathematics and Science). Some of the interviewees I've met have no background in Aviation as well. they came from different backgrounds, some still in their final year of studies and others were already working in a totally different industry. So, I am equally as lost as you in terms of how they send out invitations for the preliminary interviews.