PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2018, 12:22
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yesse

My friend, i can tell you all you want. To start, joining VNA as Captain is not a good idea, so you can imagine as FO, is even worse. The A350 fleet is good, but will be around 1-2 more years that the expat FO will be fired again. The growing of the fleet will be stopped ( they will receive just 2 more aircraft this year and no more A350 for VNA ), and when this happens, the A350 fleet, even 787 fleet will be filled with local guys, pushing out all expat. That's the plan of the comoany. The thing is that now they have a huge hole that they need to cover, and the agencies are just.... I will not say the word... So when the expat coming now save their ass... And when they don't need you anymore, they will not care about your life or whatever, you will receive 60 days notice and goodbye. Knowing this company, i could say that the ONLY one reason to come, is if you have a contract where "at least" they remove the part of the 60 days notice, and some compensation in case of being fired before the agreed time signed on the contract. If not, better stay away. You don't know when, but will happen, you can't feel safe here bro. My recommendation, stay away. I just left the company almost one year ago, and after that, i was wondering... What the hell i was doing there the last 15 years... Finally, if you decide to come, more as an FO, doesn't matter which fleet, you take the risk to have a serious problem in your career, more with A350, because will be not easy to find a job with this TR when they fire you.

Just one example of what they were managing. To fire expat makes them so happy, i tell you. This info is updated continuosly. The last info i had was last month, when they expect to cut up to 250 Captains and 0 FO's expat by 2020. So, on your own risk guys, don't believe the agencies!!!!
15 years is as long as i have been here.

there were not that many ex pats here then, and i dont know you.