PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poseidon and Typhoon to be based at Kinloss?
Old 15th Sep 2018, 17:27
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by alwayslookingup
Do you really think a rUK Air Force WOULD NOT want to use a base with such strategic value as Lossie or Kinloss. Access to North Sea & North Atlantic, ranges such as Tain and Garvie plus shed loads of LFA. 10% of the current defence assets of all services will devolve to an Independent Scotland, that's agreed. Therefore, I could see a pragmatic arrangement being made for use of Lossie and/or Kinloss. And, where is rUK going to base it's nukes? Just some thoughts.

Ps, good suggestion of joint use of assets. None like the Scots for thrift. And, there's plenty of previous, Stornoway, for example.
Alwayslookingup, I'm sure this question has been asked an awful lot over the years, but, and I ask as a Scotsman, what is the evidence that Scotland ill be independent once it sinks itself, whenever that may be, into the EU? I place my cards on the table, I didn't get a vote in the 2014 referendum because I'm domiciled in Welwyn Garden City, if I had lived in Scotland I don't know it my perspective would have been different, but I was glad the vote went to remain in the union. As for the 2016 referendum, I voted to leave, because having been happy to have been a part of closer union with Europe as well I couldn't understand why, and still can't the need to just accept an inevitable and quite openly move toward a single state entity. I'm minded of those, whom before a referendum on EU membership was announced, who said that Britain would one day join the Euro, we'd have to apparently. Then there was the seemingly laughing in the face of David Cameron when trying to keep us out of some of the EU rules which our Government weren't particularly happy about. I have no idea where it will all end up, but I know where I don't want it to! But I just can't understand he SNP craving to hand Scotland over lock, stock and keg to control by people, who whether elected in principal or not will have fa less affiliation with Scotland than you imagine English people do. Or indeed, other Scots and Welsh and Irish people in Westminster. The strategic importance of Kinloss, Lossiemouth and Leuchars, I'm sure are evident to those in the post. But why make their existence a subject for crowing and finger pointing? If Scotland gained independence, would you want the RAF and the Army, and what will eventually be the US Navy and Royal Norwegian Air Force to move out? or just thae Bludy English!

FB