PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annington Research
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2003, 19:52
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because Old Boy, those homes BELONG to Annington Homes. Well actually in truth Annington Homes is merely a front company for Japanese Banks - consortium thereof.

Portaloo sold the lot to them circa 1996. The deal was they were to be leased back to the MOD and a certain percentage would be sold every year. Even from the outset the maths meant that one day in the future the MOD would have no housing stock left!! That was brought up at the time but the MOD said they had plans and the time to sort it out!! Yeah right!!

The increase in house prices has meant the Japs want to cash in and who can blame them? So houses are being sold much faster than was envisaged and often for huge sums. Scampton in last nights echo - 2 bedroom mid terrace shoebox - £89K!! A 4 bedroom woodchip mansion like the one I occupied went for £125K at Scampton, I ask you!!!!!

The MOD will eventually bitch about it but they let it happen. I don't think they will get any sympathy from the treasury when they ask for a larger Defence budget to pay for an huge increase in ERA!!