PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Par Avion to Train AirAsia Pilot Cadets
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2018, 07:15
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dr dre
I severely doubt the Chinese carriers have quality and rigourous check and training systems and are corruption free.

dre,
I would dispute that, based on my personal experience with two major Chinese groups, both from the level of ab nitio training, and check and training within the parent airline. Being, in a past life, a HCRPT Check and Trainer, I know rigorous training standards when I see them.

Indeed, one of the two has been closely associated with Lufthansa for both flying and maintenance standards, the other with US carriers and others, including Qantas. The Chinese, aviation wise, do not have a "we know best" superiority complex, like Dick Smith, they will take the best from anywhere.

China had long had a policy of sending the best and brightest to western educational institutions, this is not limited to aircrew. For airlines, China Southern was the first, close to forty years ago.

In one specific instance, an engineering outfit with aviation and other interests, over 70% of the staff had tertiary qualifications, of those about a further 60% had post graduate degrees, almost all from outside China.The CEO had a PhD from MIT, those don't come on the top of a Corn Flakes packet. Most of the people I was dealing with on this project also had spent years working outside China. The GMs son was just completing an accountancy degree at ANU during our project.

This company's probably biggest problem will be finding enough competent instructors to achieve the standards the locals will demand.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Where it counts, including flight operations, the CAACRs mirror the FAA.