PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2018, 01:16
simba090

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DistinctlyPlain
Sure, those onlines tests will be helpful but at the end of the day won't make a big difference to how you do in the test. It's good to get used to using your brain in that way before the assessment day though.

Yeah the interview is largely about past experiences and demonstrating how you've coped with pressure/workload etc. so try to prepare examples of that.

You can be sent to Spain yes but at the end of the day if you're dead set on wanting to do the course at the CTC then you could just wait until one opens up there and then do that one. Once you're through all the stages you aren't forced onto any course, but at the same time you might not know how long you'll have to wait for a course starting at the CTC to appear.

Fair play travelling from Australia, that's nuts! That puts travelling from Scotland into perspective haha. Good luck man.
Yeah I think any testing practise would help, especially the landing and gate tests on the NATS website to get your brain used to sequencing for the DART test.
I'd be fine with Spain, I've been there before and absolutely loved it.
Yeah well I've always wanted to be an ATC, and went through the academy at Airservices Australia back in 2010-2013, then had to quit for personal reasons, and unfortunately I don't think they let you retry more than once. Also the RAAF rejected me due to asthma (ridiculous) so this might be my last shot!
Thanks for the info and all the best!