PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2018, 16:20
mullac30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134
As I see there has been more expansion happened in terms of more aircraft parking and passenger space, I have looked at potential unserved and underserved routes that my happen:

Bucharest: Wizz Air, Ryanair (most likely) or Blue air possibly even Tarom as this is a major unserved destination could work 3-4 x a week.
Delhi: Air India or Jet Airways this is the biggest unserved destination with 40,000 passengers going indirect or from another airport this could work 1 daily.
Hannover: Eurowings (most likely), Flybe or Wizzair 3x a week.
Hong Kong: This would be a far stretch but Cathay possibly 5x weekly on an A350-900.
Los Angeles and Las Vegas: Again a long stretch but If it happens United, Virgin Atlantic or Thomas Cook could maybe try 1-2 x weekly each.
Moscow: Aeroflot A320 1x daily.
Orlando: Thomas Cook or Virgin Atlantic 1-2 x weekly.

A few of these are very unlikely to happen but these are the biggest unserved routes and a few are quite likely to get announced sometime although possibly seasonal only, in the near future.

What do you guys think?

Best regards
I'd say as a rule that any long haul route from MAN or DUB is viable at EDI with the right frequency. I'd also say that we might see Air Canada opening new routes with the MAX like they did in Ireland.