PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2018, 09:53
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We know you like this job, and that you think you are part of the Japanese elite........Pehaps take up some hobbies outside of aviation !
Haha, I don't know who you've been talking to but it evidently isn't me if you think I fit into any of those descriptions. I can't say that I dislike every aspect of the job because I don't but I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole thing. I'm not a hater of the job but I'm also not a lover. There are plenty of things that need to be improved and I've made my feelings known both verbally and in writing to the Company and I do not think things need to kept secret from any potential joiners etc. But let's have facts and proof, instead of unsubstantiated numbers. I have no desire to be part of the "Japanese elite" (whatever you may think that means) and definitely don't qualify for that. As for hobbies outside of aviation; I don't know why you think that matters but I have nothing to do with aviation when I go home and don't consider it a hobby. I may have done once but kids, sailing and certain sporting activities take up enough of my time without adding aviation to the mix. Maybe you're referring to my private G5 but I don't consider that a hobby, more of a necessity.

ALL of your posts have only ever been negative. That's fine if you feel that way but just because someone has a balanced view doesn't mean they are "drinking Kool Aid" (ridiculous expression). You said, "They seem to fail 50% of Direct entry captains". I have said I do not believe that is correct and asked you to support your statement. Just because I am at odds with your spurious statistics does not mean that I am some sort of Company stooge; it just means that I've never seen that sort of failure rate. I very much look forward to seeing your proof of your statement and backing up an opinion that is different to mine.