PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WOW Airlines
Thread: WOW Airlines
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2018, 04:11
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Breakthesilence
I've been offered, as Captain, something like 9.5K Gross calculated with an average of 15 Days of work (the salary is made off a Basic + per diems). That's not one of the best salaries you can find, considering Iceland is not cheap, it's a gross figure (and you should pay some taxes in your Country as well. Yes, that's true, if you still have something linking you there like a House, a car, business etc.) and you can travel for free on their network only.

If you want to call a salary "above average", it should be higher than 7000-7500 Euros NET for 80 hours. Good T&C must include (at least) a good pension scheme (State pension + Additional Private scheme), if commuting, a good network if no staff travels are agreed with other airlines. If one of these factors is unsatisfactory, the salary must be even higher.
Holy MoG, things are not well in the EU. Corrected for inflation I made €7.000 gross in 2003 as a 50 seat turbo prop Captain in the EU. Currently working for the second lowest paying LCC in the US, and my base pay is €14.000 gross + 15% into my pension plan.