PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA - Security Hold Form ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2018, 21:35
VictorCharlieTen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your reply The96er. I agree, The LIRF, - or any Loadplan as you say already states that the holds have been checked prior to loading. This new piece of paper stipulates other areas such as the head-set panel, cargo door selector panels, water and waste panels etc (if contracted by us, the handling agent etc). To a man, or woman, we here in EDI are universally agreed that it's yet another piece of paper signed unnecessarily to appease another department in the CAA/DFT. Any area at ALL any of the aeroplane that the ground staff use or are near is visually inspected or checked and looked at fully. We all (I would sincerely hope) know what would be out of the ordinary or spark our attention as it were and another piece of paperwork to sign in this day and age, 2018 is also beyond me. It's like the "G19" form with B.A. Every Lead I see or I know, signs it and does so simply because the have to. It actually takes their attention away from doing the very things they should be doing when the aircraft comes onto stand !. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. All taking up time and taking your attention and focus away from the very things that paperwork is trying to prompt you to do. All of it implemented by people who probably have never worked hour to hour, day to day, week to week, month to month and year to year doing what we do out on the ramp.