PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2018, 18:12
Monkeytennis12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman

The airport has published a publicity photo of their new canopy for bus passengers. In the last of the planning application amendments where they seek retrospective planning permission the justification given for not building the full canopy is that it was too high to offer weather protection to passengers. The fact that the dirty white awnings that cover just the entrances only now offers protection to smokers and then it ends only to start again once passengers reach the walkway to the multistory or the bus canopy has been conveniently ignored.

I had great expectations in 2012 when plans were first announced that Luton would end up with a terminal it could be proud of but the airport has relied solely on the shops, bars and food outlets to add a bit of class. The contribution by the airport has been truly shocking with its choice of fixtures and fittings to keep costs to a minimum while offering nothing worthwhile for the customer experience.

Anyone familiar with the terminal on a daily basis will know the airport has a very long history of never fixing broken floor tiles. Even on brand new sections floor layers never go back to fix their work and this is also happening now on the new terminal infill which only opened in April. The result of this is that the flooring looks truly awful and is a patchwork of grey.

The low ceilings with all the services exposed like ducting, pipes and electrical services prominently stand out in silver as they were never spayed black to hide them. With random amounts of large gap planking fitted to the ceilings, which often lay in line with the direction passengers walk hide little and seems to have been fitted with little thought.

Sorry just my rant for the day .

I have to agree. Working over in the Hangar, I see how the works are 'progressing' on a daily basis and those appalling canopies are just the icing on the cake !
What a bloody mess it really is. I can only assume that those who have planned all of the LTN 'improvements' are all employed by GAL or HAL !