PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stobart Air-2
Thread: Stobart Air-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2018, 14:38
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JobsaGoodun
I'm not defending the current position and agree that it shouldn't be the responsibility of the customer to do the chasing and said as much in an earlier response, but the legislation needs to be amended to get the required outcome you're seeking. The legislation does not take into account franchise operations (of which there were probably none when the legislation was initially devised) and I guess, until it does, there is no obligation other than one of moral conscience for airlines to act differently.
One example that has long existed is British Airways. Nowadays it is down to Sun Air, but in the past way before 2004 Loganair, BMed, GB Airways were also franchise partners.

The same problem arises, btw, with airlines that have regional subsidiaries like KLM (cityhopper), Lufthansa (Cityline), British Airways (Cityflyer) or Air France (Hop!) which are not a straightforward franchise, but simply use of the brand. In those cases, mainline could also argue that it is a different airline. To the best of my knowledge, they do not use the same defence in such cases.

Last edited by virginblue; 13th Sep 2018 at 18:32.