PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2018, 13:58
PID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hid3
Strange enough, I had a live conversation with them, they sent me one email with the all the details (about the academy, numbers, etc) but never chased me asking if I got interested or not, if had any further queries, etc. Maybe They didn't like me at the beginning?

I'd like to ask some questions those, who have studied in Wizz Air Cadett programe and now are emplyed:
1) What is the internal atmopshere there at Wizz Air?
2) What is the work schedule? How many days you work, how many rest at home?
3) After the contract period expires (and let's assume you get promoted to Captain), is it a good place to stay work further there or are there better places/choices around?
4) What country/city do you live and what country/city you mostly reside? I mean, do current pilots at Wizz work more closer to their home or totally away?

Thank you!
Hello !

I been reading this thread and came across your recent messages. I must say, I get the impression that you are a bit reluctant to apply and the people at BAA can see these signs a mile away hence perhaps they didn't chase you. While it is normal to have these questions in mind, none can never be fully answered until you are in the industry. I totally understand that it is your money going onto a new chapter of your life and before you take the step you want a 100% reassurance and satisfaction. But believe me when I say that aviation doesn't work that way. Let me give you a few examples to help you illustrate the reality of aviation:

1. Let's say an airline pilot from Wizz Air responded back to your questions and sounded promising. Whats to say that you will have the same experience? Maybe that pilot is on a base that keeps him happy, hence the positive acknowledgment of the airline. But you could also get another pilot who is not happy because he's not on the base he prefers, etc.

2. So after your research and speaking with numerous pilots, you concluded that it's worth the 'risk'. But you find out that the scheme does not guarantee the placement. You find that 80% of graduates get the placement. What will you do? Not apply? Perhaps the 20% didn't pass their ATPL's or generally didn't meet with training standards or simply gave up.

3. But you take the risk and decide to apply. But now there's another problem, what if after you graduate in 2 years time, the economy is not great? You do your research and find that; problems are happening between the EU and UK, the oil can go up, another economic bubble, etc, you hear on the news. After all it is your hard saved money going into a blind faith of a good job at the end of the tunnel.

So, conclusion, you are 31 years old with probably no aviation background, Some pilots say yes, some say no to the airline, not every cadet gets the airline job and the economy is unpredictable.
Should you apply?

Option 1 - No. It's too risky, not worth the headache and insecurity, there isn't much information and help out there, too expensive, I might not even fly the A320, I might not even be based where I want, not for me.
Option 2 - Yes, because it's my passion, my dream. But I am also realistic to know the challenges and insecurities ahead of me. I will try with Wizz Air, if in the end I don't get that specific airline FO seat, I have a frozen ATPL that enables me to apply for other airlines (such as Small planet etc).

Please don't take this as a negative response. My point on this detailed response is to make you realise the aviation industry is very different than the 'regular job'. While it is very important to be realistic, it is even more important to have a genuine passion for aviation to give you the drive to apply and see where it leads too.

Sorry if this doesn't answer a single question. But I do hope it helps you decide whether you should go ahead and apply for it or not.

Peace!