PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2018, 21:10
Fly757X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right fair enough, when the route was announced it would've been believed to have been nonviable but this is almost two years later now. Loads are pretty impressive and the airline is saying its a success. Maybe they haven't said it is a financial success but it doesn't mean it isn't. I'm baffled at how this not viable. When compared to other routes of a similar nature that they (BMR) operate this route should be right up there with their most financially successful at this time (factoring loads for last year anyway). I don't understand where the market between LDY-STN is leaking money and thus making it financially unacceptable to run without support in place. Obviously APD is there but I wouldn't imagine that constrains the route too much. The Market as proven to be relatively strong with fares (at least till recently) being up with their other offerings and load factors exceeding their average by a country mile. I'm not by no means saying that there wasn't a need for the PSO contract in the first place but now after a year of load factors that are above their average. Would they not be inclined to continue the routes under their own funds considering its outselling a range of their current routes? (In the event the PSO funding is cancelled.)

Many thanks.

Jamie