PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2018, 19:23
TartinTon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly757X
https://www.derrynow.com/news/first-...-flybmi/223179

There is also a few more general ones pointing to future expansion from LDY or at least the CCO is "keen". I could only see the CCO saying something along those things if the PSO itself is profitable. There was also a few from when it launched saying it was its fasted selling route. Whilst yes there is no certainty on profits but if the aircraft leaving LDY have a load factor 20% higher than their average I would say they must be spinning a pretty good profit.
Hmm read the article...nowhere does it say that it's profitable or one of their strongest routes as cuthere alluded....sounds like normal "hug the locals" type blurb to me from the CCO.

I suspect the virginblue is spot on...without the PSO it wouldn't be there....but that's one of the reasons for a PSO in the first place, isn't it?

Another reason is that the airport is so convinced that there is a strong business case for a route that they'll offer it as a PSO in the belief that the route results will be so good that the airline never has to make a call on the PSO cash (Flybe NQYLGW as an example)

I don't believe that's the case here as in my experience there is always a price ceiling on the NI market that prevents a lot of routes from being profitable.