PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2018, 18:35
ifu05596

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SQ380
Hi Curious Pax

Went through T3 myself this morning just before you at 0530hrs for the 0630 Ryanair Madrid flight, only 4 out of the 11 security machine were in use two of which were for fast track the queue was back to the boarding pass machines, luckily for me as I joined the end of the queue there was announcement for flight regarding any cabin luggage to be put into the hold with this approached the friendly girl on fast track and she let me use the fast track however this was not fast as they were filtering in the normal queue into one of the fast track, then the guy with the trays was taking items out of your tray and spreading across two trays his excuse is that it stops you getting tray searched at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even after putting the trays on at fast track they only had one security screen working instead of two so basically slowing down again. so for out of 11 lanes open 3 out of 11 screening open, no wonder people complain,
Then the return landed on IB at 1710hrs got to passport control well walked passed it and joined the queue at gate 54 only 3 border force guards manning the posts out of 10 booths 30 minutes to clear and I could here people slating Manchester off in the queue, but if you were foreign and outside the EU you got to join a queue with no more than 3 or 4 in, us poor brits trying to get through these e gates that are suppose to be making it a lot quicker (caugh) only plus side was that once 2/3 the way down the queue they were pulling some out of the queue to go through the boarder guards, actually feel sorry for the staff on duty its clear they are under staffed and all were friendly except the guy with the trays, but shows time and time again the place is well and truly understaffed
Also had my belongings spread across loads of trays - never had that before to that extent! Been arriving into Man the last few weeks and it’s a bit grim but departures was just as bad!