PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK EASA Licence Transfer
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2018, 12:48
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by citabria06g
What is misleading is this frankly ludicrous statement, whoever wrote it should be prosecuted. Apparently it is becoming the norm in the UK to lie in order to further your own agenda, much like the orange buffoon.

Purely cosmetic my ass. Yes licences will be recognised as ICAO licences, just like Namibian or Vietnamese licences, but the privilege to fly an F-reg or a D-reg is gone. The CAA know this and are lying through their teeth.
Actually the full CAA statement clearly states that it is talking about "use on UK-registered aircraft" - and it says absolutely nothing about F or D-reg or any other reg. In fact I am struggling to see anything that is clearly a falsehood in the statement - per my (limited) understanding of the situation.

What may be more notable is what the statement doesn't say - but then when did any press release or political statement (EU, UK or anywhere) tell the whole truth?

Interestingly, my suspicions have always been that for existing licenses all the CAA can possibly need is a new rubber stamp and the balls to use it, and that appears to be what the CAA are now saying. EASA (in particular) will look pretty stupid if it queries the regulatory competence for a licence that was actually issued under its own competence. New licences may well be a different matter, and tellingly the CAA statement also says nowt about those...