PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest Way to Get PPL
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2018, 09:53
ChickenHouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corkonian
Hi,

I'm based in Ireland and have dabbled with flying over the years, but it's always hard to book time and then even harder to have the weather go your way.
I'd like to go and get my PPL as fast as possible in somewhere like Florida.
Anybody got any advice or suggestions?

Thanks,
Ger
Yes, one simple advice - forget it.

I frequently come across people from that kind of fast track and it is almost never a pleasure. Your learning comprehension is limited and if you stretch it to the limits, you may get along to the very license on a fast track in sunny regions. BUT, you may qualify yourself as 'a person able to handle an aircraft at 77F, standard pressure, blue sky, no wind' - only. Yes, I know people with a license and only that specific knowledge. For theory, no discussion, anything can be done to pass the exam and get the paper, but not for the skills to command an aircraft. The usual student is able to understand about 2 to 3 lessons per 45 minutes per week in the beginning, at the end of the training you may stretch to 3 times 1.5 hours max. You can go faster, but it will neither build up real piloting skills nor a basis for good airmenship.

Do yourself a favor and go for the proven 'fast' track, which usually requires about half a year from zero to pilot, trains you in a way your brain is able to build up the necessary sustainable structure and brings you from consumer to understander.