PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2018, 19:49
bycrewlgw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
Of course it's great news that Malta is back and that it is Ryanair that are operating that but if the airport is serious about getting above 2 million passengers again and if Ryanair is serious about Cardiff then more will be required.
If nothing changes then next year Ryanair will operate 3 routes and 5 weekly flights to Cardiff in the summer. The airport will need more than that so adding 2 or 3 routes from Europe's biggest airline coming to probably 4 to 6 extra weekly flights isn't putting over capacity at an airport like Cardiff considering the leakage out of it's area.
oh no I agree and have no doubt that the airport is serious. The way they have turned the airport around since the takeover has been great and just goes to show that the previous owners weren’t interested.

I know its been spoken about to death but brexit will play a part in airline’s decisions for next year so having a further 21000 seats available from one airline isn’t bad. Coupled up with the 100,000 extra from TUI and the increases from TCX for starting earlier in the season and rumours of a 4th based BE Unit is a great boost towards the 2m mark. What are the predictions for what CWL should finish on this year? 1.5m? 1.6m?

I know that we all have wishlists for the destinations we would like to see from airlines and I’m sure FR have looked at many potential routes from places like cardiff and will continue to do so. The people of wales and Malta now need to use this route to show that further routes can be viable. The market is there and providing they can price it right to make it cheaper flying from Cardiff than driving to BRS or BHX then people I’m sure will use them.