PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Par Avion to Train AirAsia Pilot Cadets
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2018, 14:02
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
We can teach them high standards and high levels of airmanship. That’s where it ends for some. Chinese and Singaporean carriers have largely run successful cadet programs, that are backed up by quality and rigorous check and training systems back home.

Then you’ve got the circus operators that live and breathe coverups, corruption, and just plain stupidity. I’ll leave it to your imagination who these are.
I severely doubt the Chinese carriers have quality and rigourous check and training systems and are corruption free.

But I agree with Mach e Avelli, those low cost third world carriers aren’t going anywhere. Air Asia isn’t going to stop flying just because Australians decide not to train their pilots. They’ll just set up a flying school elsewhere and their cadets will probably not get a thorough dose of airmanship instilled into them at that early ab initio stage. And it deprives Australians here of jobs in flight training, especially in our most struggling state economically. How anyone could comment on this news in a negative way is beyond me?