PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2018, 12:56
DanAir89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
I used to like and keep the Captain's inflight map/position report/bulletin that was on a sheet of paper and was passed down the cabin for all passengers to read and hand on to the next one.

I have a couple of Britannia Airways Britannia one's in my possession plus British Eagle Britannia, and Dan Air Comet & 727.
i remember the map being passed around the cabin on a dan air 737 in 1986 and then in 1987 being amazed that Britannia 737’s had these little machines fixed to the cabin roof showing height, speed and flight time.

even the route map in the Tui magazine has been shrunk so much that I couldn’t even point out to the kids the large Greek island that we were flying to!

I can’t help thinking though when flying Tui it’s so sad that the two best holiday airlines (by and amm) have been condensed into a copy of Jet2. Some may say had to be done to cut costs etc to compete but Tui and even jet2 holidays aren’t cheap and their profit figures are quite impressive so a moving map (or decent printed map) is a nice little extra!