PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cobham
Thread: Cobham
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2018, 01:40
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C441
We were both on vacation travel. Which entity he worked for is irrelevant - it was only mentioned as the last few posts of the thread were about Cobham staff travel and were they'll fit in the whole scheme of things. I'm merely documenting that I would have thought years of service and supposedly being a Senior Officer of the organisation (the Company's definition, not mine) would have had some benefit. It does not.

The person in question was a clerk and seemed to be over-awed with his new-found status when he was awarded a seat ahead of me. Most non-managerial Qantas staff have the same, or similar vacation travel categories and it's the date of joining that determines who's unloaded or upgraded first. As he was non-managerial, I would have thought that having joined the company before he was born, might have meant something.

But I'll take your advice and buy a full fare ticket when I deem it necessary. Thanks for your advice. Actually, come to think of it, I'll buy a Jetstar staff travel ticket; there's usually more seats and it costs half as much!

Sorry for the diversion away from the Cobham thread.
Plus those A320 jump seats are more comfortable! I understand where you are coming from. The commercial upgrade requests have also been a major blow to the golden goose that was once almost guaranteed business class on most flights. These days I’m just happy to get on the flight. I find that staff traveling on JQ, you are also a good chance to get an exit row, whereas on QF, if you don’t get business, it’s usually a middle seat, which on the 737 isn’t much fun at all.