PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - turkish airlines assessment
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2018, 14:58
787galaxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theflyinggreek
I just finished my interview and selection. It was quite the experience.

But nothing you cant handle.. Except the sim is a little stressful. But all they are looking for is how you fly according to your experience level and how you handle criticism stress under pressure. Plus the want to see if you can get along with different customs as some can be viewed as aggressive and rude.

There is more to the whole process than meets the eye... there is also the political issues within the company and its young pilots...

I also did the psychometrics test. That was crazy.. and fun at the same time..

They may have you write a 30 question ATPL type exam taken from the ACE book.. Even the narrow body captains write it sometimes...

The whole selection process is very tedious and you must have a lot of patience as they are following their procedures.. not what makes sense to you and me.. but its their way, just accept it.

You end up waiting around 3 - 6 hours everyday and have your schedule changed three times a day sometimes more.. So what.. just do it and smile...

I didn't really have a problem as its their company and their way.. A lot of captains got upset just from the waiting... I can understand that too..

Their problem with me is that I have too much time as an FO but not enough time as a captain because I fly for a major carrier and never could hold a left seat... I am waiting to see my fate..

More to follow...

Hi, Do you remember any of the technical questions asked?