PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbojet Axial Rotor Thrust - SR-71
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2018, 02:12
megan

Received 398 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by Concours77Ad hominem is an admission of ignorance.
No ad hominem involved, merely a statement of fact. All your are posts, except for the one above, have absolutely nothing to do with the OP, and direction was given you to where you could find information to educate yourself. Your,
Now comes the controversy. The inlet is claimed to provide fifty four percent of the thrust.

Where does it provide this thrust? Not at the inlet. Not in the engine, not in the exhaust.

In the Ejector. Total thrust is measured at the rim of the fully open Ejector.
demonstrates a need for education and understanding. You're not Lyman rebirthed? I've been a student of the -71 for some years, and have communicated with the J58 designer about certain aspects, but unfortunately he is no longer available for my OP question to be put.
It isn't nice to the readers or other posters for the OP to delete their thread in a technical forum. It's like my Prof tearing up my exam book as not worth anything since it will never make an "A" grade
lomapaseo, at my school if your paper didn't answer the question you received 0%, I realise schools these days believe everyone deserves a medal, any indication of failure having dire consequences on ego. As for deleting the thread, one poster is hijacking it with superfluous information that can be found on Blackbird's thrust question and not addressing the OP. Waste of bandwidth.