PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 64K Question..
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2018, 11:33
a330pilotcanada

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Morning BlankBox:
We all should realize disease vectors can be found in sneezing, coughing and to be delicate all forms of bodily fluids.Today in the world a pathogen can be world wide in around 36 hours plus minus.Now take the position of a flight attendant/flight crew member who has witnessed the this and with departure coming quickly has to make a quick decision on if this passenger in question can fly or not. You are doing a 14-hour flight knowing full well if you divert the crew will be out of a duty day and stranding a plane full of passengers while crew gets a rest period or wait for a rescue flight. Now throw this in if you recall the Emirates flight that landed in JFK with passengers experiencing high temperatures flu like symptoms ask yourself this. How will local authorities cope/handle this situation where the passenger in question in the article got sicker and infected more passengers who are sick with an unknown illness? At this time the most expedient way to handle this is to deny boarding and have the medical people take over.If I recall the “event” was brought on by the smell of the washrooms. If this was the case why did it not affect more passengers? Another question for everyone is when I travel around the world not only do I have medical insurance but in addition trip interruption insurance so why did the family in question not have this as well? Should airlines be held to “nanny state” rules or should passengers take some responsibility in a situation like this where the airline was not responsible for this issue as it could have been food poisoning? Could this have been handled better it is hard to tell at this juncture. But in light of the ongoing legal dispute I will use this analogy, this is like a divorce where there are three sides to the story his, hers and the truth but I digress