PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Competent Are Airport Screeners ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2003, 03:33
Cornflake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear hear! And does anyone REALLY think it makes a difference? Does anyone REALLY believe that Mrs Smith having her nail file taken off her, Mr Brown losing his nail scissors is REALLY going to make us any safer?

Does anyone REALLY believe that the bad guys will try and get some sort of lethal object onto an aeroplane that way any more? Sure, there are all the security notices showing what has been confiscated, and what was 'nearly' taken on board this that or another aeroplane - what they don't explain is that none of these items was in fact being carried by a potential terrorist who was subsequently charged with anything at all!!

Having said that, while I agree there is some headline high visibility advantage, and I suppose it may just discourage a young thug from playing silly bugeers in front of his friends, where I feel it shows all its inanity is in the .....er sorry Captain, you can't take that nail clipper/scissors/swiss army knife/leatherman on board...er OK, let me get this straight - you're about to trust me with 100 odd tons of high speed jet fuel and passenger container over central London, but I can't be allowed my nail file??????????

Nuff said, crazy world.