PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2018, 16:41
DanAir89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fly on Tui every couple of years and have a random question re the route map displays on the 737’s. This year we were delayed for an hour on the ground. Crew really friendly and used the time to let the kids visit the cockpit (I probably enjoyed it more though!) and gave out things to keep them entertained. Thought this was a great touch and differentiated the airline from others.
Once under way pilot gave lots of details about the journey but I was really disappointed that the route maps were not used to support this. for the next few hours my kids asked where we were and when we’d get there so I asked the crew if they still used the displays that I’d seen before to answer their questions. They said they did and would put it on - admittedly it was a busy flight and they never got around to it but my question is when do they use it - is it by request ir just if they can be bothered. Used to fly BA domestic and the route maps came on shortly after takeoff every time but TUI seem to have bought this useful tool but don’t want to use it!