PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-2
Thread: Isle of Man-2
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2018, 09:02
JSCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAladdy
I have been traveling twice a week to the island from LCY on a regular basis over a year now and have experienced just how bad this service had become. Last minute cancellations, lengthy delays and dirty aircraft cabins has become the norm in recent months and was glad to here that BACF had not renewed T3’s lease and that Loganair would be taking over as operator on the route.

Just completed 2 roundtrips from LCY this week. All 4 flights arrived and departed either on time or early, the cabin was very clean and the onboard service was excellent, Couldn’t fault them. I know it’s early days but it is a good start.

I might be wrong but I am sure it is the same crew operating the route that operated when it was T3. During the flight I was talking to the crew onboard and they said that the route had lost a lot of business particularly in recent months as it had become so unreliable. Hopefully they haven’t lost that much that the route can’t come back from.
It's pretty much a subsidised route anyway... Pokerstars and Microgaming each commit to minimum seats on each flight, every day.