PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2018, 06:37
toledoashley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canberra97

Without coming across as ignorant to the subject but can you elaborate on those 3 BA/AA remedy slots on LHR-JFK?

JetBlue will find it very difficult to expand at LHR and obtain expensive slots which they will need to do if there going to compete on LHR to USA and in particular to JFK so I personally don't think that LHR is the best option for them. LGW or even STN would be better served by JetBlue perhaps joining up as a partner to Easyjet.

I've always enjoyed my domestic flights within the USA with JetBlue so hopefully we're see them eventually launch transatlantic flights to London at some point as they are an excellent airline in my opinion.
It an EU Antitrust case dating back to 2010 and the BA/AA Joint Venture. According to the website they will be required to release up to three slots at Heathrow and New York (either JFK or EWR) - although its expected they will settle on three slots due to the number of frequencies. Any IAG airline won't be allowed to bid, and it looks tricky for VS/DL due to their JV. We should hear after September 20th.

https://www.mazars.co.uk/Home/Servic...irlines-Iberia