PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can A BFR Be Done in an RAA Registered Aircraft?
Old 7th Sep 2018, 22:54
djpil

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MagnumPI
I was talking to the senior instructors and apparently the BFR is a bit open to interpretation as CASA isn't entirely prescriptive with what you have to achieve.
But it is very prescriptive, read 61.400 again:
(1) For this Part, successful completion of a flight review for a rating on a pilot licence requires demonstration, to a person mentioned in subregulation (2), that the holder of the rating is competent in each unit of competency mentioned in the Part 61 Manual of Standards for the rating.
Originally Posted by andrewr
I think the CAAP is pre part 61?
Yes, the CAAP is obsolete but I have been told to follow it. CASA's information sheet on flight reviews which came out just after Part 61 stated that there was an Advisory Circular on flight reviews but they ignored my requests to get a copy - that information sheet is no longer available and no mention on the website of an AC to replace the CAAP.

Originally Posted by andrewr
Maybe it depends on who you talk to at CASA, but locally it seems that schools have been told they need to perform and check off every non-optional element in the flight review MOS.
That's what 61.400 means in my opinion - demonstrate competence in each unit of competency for the rating! I was wondering when some people in CASA would get around to working out what the new regs meant, I look forward to that new Advisory Circular.