PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2018, 22:33
roverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FFMAN
This Easyjet initiative has to be welcomed as it has the potential to make marginal routes more sustainable or previously unviable routes viable.

However, I have never heard a good thing about the transfer process at MAN and having 3 unconnected terminals won't help.
I have a colleague in Belfast that used to transfer over MAN but after two consecutive particularly bad experiences, she has sworn never to do so in the future. She now connects at LHR telling me it's much better or even drives to Dublin on occasions too. She describes the transfer experience at MAN as 'amateurish'. I'm certain she has shared that view with colleagues over there.
Rest assured that MAN is taking transfer traffic seriously. From 2022 there will be only 2 terminals, T2 will have a domestic capability although the majority of domestic will continue to use T3, from which there will be a much improved transfer process via a purpose-built facility very centrally located at the expanded T2. T1 closes. Heathrow does OK with 5 unconnected terminals and so MAN will be fine with 2 terminals and a system to transfer passengers between them quickly.