PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA hacked but they're 'deeply sorry'
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2018, 16:51
XBA1709

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TURIN
The heads have already rolled, the IT department was outsourced a while ago.
Yes it was and I was one of the staff who lost their job. It was outsourced to TATA in Chennai, India. Since then there have been a number of IT failures but the management who were responsible for the outsourcing (and are still there) continue to put out the line that the outsourcing is not responsible. I've seen reports of staff in callcentres and IT service centres in 3rd world countries who are selling customer data to criminal entities.

I have just moved my phone/broadband service and it turns out the new provider outsources their support to India. I am now receiving an average of 5 calls per day from scammers reporting that my broadband/pc/router/tablet/phone has a problem that they can fix remotely. The last call today was from a woman with a sub-continent accent (with callcentre noise in the background) claiming to be from the Telephone Preference Group( note not Telephone Preference Service - the correct organisation) asking for personal/financial details. As I ported my number over from my previous supplier and have been a subscriber to TPS for years I'm pretty sure it is not coincidence that I'm now known to an Indian callcentre and am receiving these calls.