PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orderly Dog
Thread: Orderly Dog
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2018, 11:09
NutLoose

Received 2,902 Likes on 1,243 Posts
Ahh Station Commanders.

Brize LSS used to man the gate 24 hrs a day leading onto the airfield in lieu of doing Station gate guard duties, Anyway a certain J/T on shift was doing his week on the gate and in the early morning rush quite a queue could build up as airfield driving permits were checked, up rolls the Staish and hands over his pass, eagle eyed J/T notice it has expired by several days, it went like this...

"Sorry, you cannot come on the airfield Sir, your airfield permit is expired"
"You do know who I am Airman"
"Yes Sir, you're the Station Commander"
"And you do know who it says authorises the use of these airfield passes on my Station?"
"Yes, you do Sir"
"Then please let me on"
"Sorry, no Sir, If I was to do that you could charge me for failing to carry out my duty, now could you please turn your vehicle around, others are waiting to get on."

At which point the said J/T walks back and starts ushering cars full of grinning faces to reverse up so the Station Commander can reverse up and turn around.
Staish reverses up turns around and bogs off at speed to MT or wherever to get his permit reissued.

Later called into the office and asked did you stop the Staish from entering the airfield, apparently after he had calmed down he had phoned the section to congratulating him for being fair and correct.