PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico Crash
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2018, 09:22
DaveReidUK

Received 201 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by guadaMB
I sincerely doubt any action of "gear up" in those last two seconds.
The AC skidded and bounced (pictures from above the RW end) for at least 100 meters (300 ft) before stopping.
What is showed in the SIM screen captures (pages 34 to 39) is not correlated with real timeline.
I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make ?

You will be aware, obviously, that the FDR charts on Pages 27/28 of the report stop at the point where the aircraft started to descend.

The last plots on the chart, at 20:25:55, show the aircraft climbing through 30' AGL, engines performing normally and gear in transit having been selected Up.

Incidentally, although my statement

I can't see any charts in the FDR readout that show the horizontal position of the aircraft vs time.
was correct, you can very approximately estimate the point along the runway at which the aircraft became airborne by integration from the longitudinal acceleration plot, which clearly shows the start of roll followed by a roughly constant 0.2 g (say 2 m/sē) acceleration for approximately 35 seconds before rotation.

This gives a ground roll of approximately 1200 m which, had it started on the piano keys (it may not have) would have meant rotation just past Twy D. If the takeoff roll had been from the Twy E or Twy D intersections (though the sim screens suggest not), rotation would have been around 650/1150 m further on, respectively.

By comparison, Twy B, where the No 1 engine impact witness marks were found, is approximately 2400 m from the piano keys.