PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2018, 08:48
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Greenfields, this was your original allegation.

...you fairly recently put forth a piece stating that all the RAAF pilots applying should be placed at the top of the recruiting process, to be handled before all others?
Thats a very different thing from what your latter post.

Wothout posting the full full transcript of email/ SMS I fired off, here is the guts if it... perhaps the part of the story you weren’t told.

1. I’ve advocated for every pilot who meets the minimum criteria to do the psychometric testing. That way you find the ‘diamond in the rough’; the best psychometric pilots irrespective of experience. Sure there are more parts to the process but the psych helps builds a more complete picture.

2. Given that a line in the sand was drawn I questioned why we arbitrarily drew that line based purely on resumes and excluded some of the best trained pilots in Australia- RAAFies. I used the RAAF pilots of an example of why I felt the recruitment process was fundamentally flawed. In that respect I did ask if we were drawing a line in the sand, why were these people (as well as multi thousand hour regional jet pilots) excluded.

3. So no, not holding a pilot group above all others. Using them as an example of a flawed process and I suspect yours and my positions on all people should be progressed is virtually identical.

That’s not your perception of my position though so agian i suspect the version provided to you has not had some critical context. I’ll presume that was done of ignorance and not to tarnish my reputation.

Last edited by Keg; 7th Sep 2018 at 10:52.