PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KIX/RJBB closed due to typhoon
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2018, 23:43
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on the Brit attitude to aviation and accompanying noise.
LAX-NRT, several years ago, still single runway. Considerable snow at NRT, very long delays. Met with an outbound crew in the hotel that evening, met them again at breakfast! A backlog of 6 to 8 aircraft had been cleared push and start and were on their way to the holding point, most delayed by hours, not minutes, when all were ordered to return to their stands, (which had now been occupied by inbounds waiting hours to disembark), lead aircraft protested as he was already at the holding point whereupon all runway lights were switched off due nightly curfew and stayed off. You would not get that at LHR Ken.
The airline I worked for had an early LHR arrival everyday and we never seemed to run out of slots for an early arrival, don't ever remember hearing of QF, CX and other long haul aircraft being required to go into the stack either. Have had to at LGW, fifteen to twenty minutes max, when flying short-haul, several aircraft arriving around time curfew was lifted.

Last edited by parabellum; 6th Sep 2018 at 23:59.