PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orderly Dog
Thread: Orderly Dog
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2018, 18:59
rolling20

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
RAF Macrahanish, turfs up at the guardroom wearing flying kit to hand in the keys for what was laughingly described as transit accomodation and looking the worse for wear, SWO looks at me and says we don't get many Sgt aircrew up this way, thinks to myself "and you haven't got one now".... But who was I to burst his bubble.
Ah Macrahanish. One hot ( for there) summers day,whilst standing at the steps of an Andover listening to a SAC describing the job he had just done changing one of the aircrafts radios, a Dove taxied up, might have been a Devon and a small gathering was there to meet it. Suddenly a fierce tyraid was directed our way. I looked up to see an apoletic Squadron Leader storming towards us, shouting 'do your jacket up!' Being attired in my best UAS flying suit, I didn't know what he was on about, until I realised he was talking to the poor SAC. The poor chap had been sweating in his shirtsleeves, in the stationary Andover and he had done the job in quick time so the crew could get on with their mission. He muttered, ' I don't know why I bother'.