PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2018
Thread: NPAS News 2018
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2018, 13:44
Anna Perry GWAAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, I'm Anna Perry the CEO of Great Western Air Ambulance Charity. I thought I would try to address any questions you have outstanding, and answer any new ones. We have responded promptly to all emails we have received asking us for information. If people haven't received our replies, please let us know so we can re-send them or try to see what the problem is.

The entire Almondsbury base is being bought by GWAAC for £1.95m. This is a fixed price as we have exchanged contracts with BAE, who are selling it to us.
We are running a public appeal for £1.25m to help us buy and equip the new airbase. We will meet the remainder of the cost from our reserves. We still desperately need public support in our fundraising efforts.

The public appeal was launched on 9th July and was reasonably well covered in the media. We were unable to discuss the purchase publicly before then.
The HELP Appeal have kindly donated £300,000 to GWAAC to help us buy the new base.

NPAS and GWAAC will take up tenancies in the new base during October, all being well. NPAS will become GWAAC's tenant when the sale of the base to GWAAC completes. We don't have a date for this yet.

Press releases are naturally succinct and focus on what the general public are likely to be interested in, but none of the above is secret or has been intentionally held back. If you have any other questions, then please let me know. Thank you to everyone on here who supports GWAAC and helps spread the word about what we do.

Many thanks,
Anna Perry, GWAAC CEO