PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orderly Dog
Thread: Orderly Dog
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2018, 13:34
Prangster

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
You know your lunch is over when.......

Officers Mess Cpl Steward advances on you with a deadly gleam in his eye.'Are you the duty ATC camp orderly officer sir?, Can't deny it. 'Flt Sgt cooks compliments would you please come to the airmens mess asap he has a problem with a cadet' Arrive at mess find 6ft 2" Flt Sgt holding 4,8" cadet by scruff of his neck at said Flt Sgts shoulder height Cadet looks terrified but can't see grin on SNCO's face. 'Problem Flight?' 'Sir I can't stop the little beggars eating one meal they's paid for it' Shakes cadet. 'Some of 'em comes round twice.' Shakes cadet. 'If I'm magnaminous I ignores it'. Shakes cadet. 'However sir there are limits and when they comes round a third time', well that's why you're here'. Drops cadet who stands quaking. 'Alright Dale, for that's the miscreants name, a slight built, undernourished lad from a poor family. Hop it I'll sort this out with the Flt Sgt' .
Outlines cadets home situation to the still grinning 6' 2" Irishman'. 'Right Sir, I'll sort the beggar out just you send him to me every morning from now on'. So they worked him to death and fed him up, he left that camp a stone heavier and unsurprisingly went on to become an RAF cook. I caught up with him some years later at Linton on Ouse just after his kitchen won the Command Catering competition. My lunch? Stone cold.