PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2018, 23:34
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by greenfields
Blunt is an interesting word, - it has a particular meaning to a certain demographic. In line with that usage I find your words very interesting Keg, because the rumour is you fairly recently put forth a piece stating that all the RAAF pilots applying should be placed at the top of the recruiting process, to be handled before all others? That's not quite in line with what you are trying to portray above.
Nope. Not true. I’ve never suggested they be top of the pile. I simply suggested they (and some others) should be in the pile for consideration.

Specifically I asked why we had knocked back a number of very qualified applicants before they had even attempted the psychometric testing, based on just their resumes. The examples I used included current RAAF pilots (who have more than 12 years), regional jet pilots 3,000+ hours of experience (specifically a few Aussies I know of in the US), etc.

Now, I suspect that most RAAFies would do quite well at the psychometric and be ranked for review accordingly but it’s their psychometric results that are part of what determines where in the pile they should be. Unfortunately many RAAFies didn’t even get to do the psychometric- and neither did a bunch of other very qualified pilots. In essence we’ve prioritised certain types of experience (or previous employers) without having a full view of the capabilities of the individual pilots.

So your ‘rumour’ is either a great example of Chinese whispers or perhaps something more malicious. You should examine very carefully which of those it is and the motives of the person who told it to you if it’s the latter.

Clear enough?

PS: I certainly didn’t use the term ‘blunt’ with any insinuations to the context of the the word when used by RAAF pilots.

Last edited by Keg; 6th Sep 2018 at 00:12.