PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2018, 23:00
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airsouthwest
Thank you Deano, it's appreciated, sadly these day's many people don't even bother or have the heart to say it.

From my own experience it was a particular manager, who is well known as B*tch by a lot of the engineering staff at HQ. I don't want to say much more than that encase anyone knows who i'm talking about.

I generally feel sorry for a lot of Flybe staff, apart from a few odd ones, most of them are good people who quite frankly I feel deserve better. My problem with Flybe isn't the airline as in pilots, cabin crew, check-in, ground staff. But those in the offices and higher up who generally seem to think they are better than anyone else and can treat those staff like a piece of dog muck. Whilst Flybe have made small profits in the last years it is only a profit for that specific tax year, in general Flybe still has about £90 Million worth of debt to clear before actually being a profitable airline again, hence why I say, is a brand refresh of a brand which was so heavily pushed by the previous CEO and has become so well known really necessary?

If I was running the airline myself, my main priority would be getting by day to day to a profit, sorting out legacy issues, and clearing all debts before doing any kind of rebrand. Issues like the releasing of some Q400s would have probably happened if Saad had stayed on, and I do know he was very determined to remove the E195s, if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be a Flybe anyway, there was only 3 days worth of cash flow when he took charge before they declared bankruptcy, Beside's this its actually been the Aviation Services side that has propped up the entire business for the last 2 years. I do know that Christine very much dislikes the Q400 and wanted to replace them with ATR 72's, but releasing older aircraft was chosen instead, im not sure as to why, Maybe because the stakeholders refused to give her the money to purchase or sign up to a new large leasing agreement for them? You would also have to consider the cost of retraining all your pilots, cabin crew, engineers and other ground staff. As well as buying an ATR 72 simulator for the training academy.

Another thing to clear up, In a previous comment I put that Flybe claimed to get an unfair deal compared to train companies, please see: http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articl...y-compensation
You talk way too much sense to ever be considered for a senior position. The Q400s are what gave Flybe a national presence, and should only be replaced by more Q400s. If they want to branch out, then the c-series would fit their traditional business plan (i.e exploiting opportunities in the regions rather than fighting a losing battle with the low cost brigade at the bigger airports). Look at Southwest or Spirit for garish paint jobs, Flybe's garish purple could have become a brand in the same vein. This wishy washy new incarnation is very much less is less.