PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2018
Thread: NPAS News 2018
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2018, 20:08
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like GWAAC are not in the business of open talking.

I requested clarity at the start of the month from GWAAC and NPAS and [surprisingly] the latter were straight back to say 'not me mister' .... they cannot afford to be buying into land deals like that now, and may never manage it ever I guess.

Nothing yet from GWAAC. I was out of country so it was e-mail rather than phone calls at the moment. I remain uncertain whether this is a general sale or something specific for GWAAC, it looks like having the potential of the highest bidder pushing up the price so £1.25M could grow.

But...... looking at the original press story from the HELP Appeal Charity who put up the money [£300K] and the website I am a little incredulous on the tactics. www.buyourbase.co.uk and the press story are saying that HELP is 'buying' the helipad at Almondsbury .... because that is what they do.... fund helipads on hospitals etc. They have not, until now bought 'a helipad' especially one that is to be jointly operated by for GWAAC [HEMS] and NPAS [Police] and is in any case being bought and equipped already by BAE. This smells of misrepresentation. Then add the blurb on the web site about the WW1 hangar, leaky roof etc and they are, with tears in their eyes, asking for a new base...... a new base they already have! https://helpappeal.org.uk/news/30000...-new-air-base/

Maybe that is why they have been a little slow in their reply.

Last edited by PANews; 5th Sep 2018 at 20:12. Reason: additional link to Help Appeal