PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Shocking pictures show female RAF recruit hurled around by naked servicemen'
Old 5th Sep 2018, 16:31
glad rag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ByronCedric
Sorry to bring this old thread back but I'vee just stumbled across it. I was the NCO admin at Byron the same year as the reported incident and this sort of stuff happened all the time. Initiation ceremonies happened as soon as you landed and there was sexual innuendo everywhere. As for interviewing everyone as they came off the mountain, the only interview I received was from my 1st RO during my Det Report.

If you really were the CO of the mountain sites then you did a **** job if you didn't know any of this was going on!
Indeed!

The swarfega sprockets>>>>interesting thing is until you tried you didn't realise they EXPANDED; well you could get nakid if that was your thing I suppose.

An anecdotal tale

Worse thing I encountered was on orderly cpl "down the back" with a Lance Jack on a Friday night.

Mucho shenanigans going on down 48 but as we both wanted to keep out remaining teeth in situ the unspoken agreement was to avoid serious trouble.

In the end It was quite uneventful, no pools of blood or vomit....

Well it was until we were accosted by a florid faced gentleman who demanded that we run down 48 to find "the women".

Now, being a RAF engineering technician may have meant that I wasn't the brightest match in the box, but this did set some warning bells off.

Unfortunately my Lance Jack colleague was having none of this and enquired if said gentleman was in fact pissed!

The volume rose to extreme level as he proclaimed himself to be a "Provost Officer of the Royal Air Force" and "I am going to charge you both with failure to obey a direct order!!"

"Oh My"

It was at this point some more snowdrops arrived including someone in charge.

OK he was on a lead, but there was also the Ord Off, someone with a THICK blue/dark blue band , and a troop of RIC with batons.

I thought, here we go; were done for now; tell Laura I loved her; etc etc when said Thick bands "Get this man under close arrest I'll deal with him in the morning [ok later on that day but you get the jist]

And this Prv Off was picked up and bodily removed by the RIC to much, of no avail, bluster.

Turns out he'd been looking out for women alright...odious bastard...I believe he was shipped out "return of post"..

Now about that time the boat crew had a run ashore in 12 facility......