PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2018, 14:11
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Crikey there’s a lot of verballing going on here. Thanks to so many for illustrating my point so well though- particularly the bit about people wilfully misreading. Thankfully people like C441, Goblin and wombat watcher (the latter two JQ and mainline I think) get it.

Timmytee.
Keg, so you want the right fit people that you will have to sit next to, yet see no benefit in someone being in the group for 3-5 years being continually monitored and assessed to group standards?
I’m sorry, where did I say this? Your comprehension is appalling. Of course there is some benefit though I suspect we’d quibble as to the extent of that benefit. So let me say it clearly again. If you’ve been in a regional gig in a subsidiary for 3-5 years (or let’s face it, any job in Aviation for the amount of time to have the appropriate level of experience) and as a result of that experience you think deserve a walk up start into Qantas mainline then you’re demonstrating perfectly why you’re NOT the right person.

While you’re at it, I’m not sure where I said this comment either.

In Kegs own words “they must have just wanted it more”
I’m not sure I’ve ever made such a point. It runs so contra to my life outlook it’s not funny. I wanted to be an astronaut. I wasn’t good enough. It’s not about wanting but if burning your straw man helps you feel good about yourself then burn away.

jetlikespeeds, I’ve never stated the process gets it right. Sadly there are those who Qantas have knocked back who would’ve been awesome and some we’ve taken that quite obviously we shouldn’t have. A knock back from Qantas doesn’t define a person- just as getting a job with Qantas doesn’t define a person. If you think that was what my post was about then you too need to work on your comprehension skills.

Seagull, you’re probably right. Most regional pilots easily make the transition to flying a jet. That still doesn’t make them the ‘right’ person to be doing so. We can all probably think of a number of examples of people who could ‘do the job’ but we all wondered how they got there and how they stayed there. Mostly these people were widely detested by the rest of their pilot colleagues- a former regional Dash captain who has made a name for himself throughout the ME and Asia and loves to instagram with his dog springs to mind. These people probably thought that because they’d been [insert aircraft type] subsidiary pilots that they ‘deserved’ a job with mainline.

So so let me be blunt (again) for those unwilling or unable to comprehend my previous post.

1. If you’re a great pilot with a great attitude I hope I get to fly with you.
2. I don’t care where you learned those skills and attitudes. I don’t care if you’re ex RAAF, ex GA, ex subsidiary regional or jet operator, ex cadet, ex flying instructor.
3. If you think that because you’ve done ‘A, B, C’ for 3-5 years that you’re entitled to a job in mainline (or VOZ, or NASA or anywhere else you think you deserve a shot at because you’ve ‘done your time’) you’re an idiot. The world doesn’t (and shouldn’t) work this way. It’d destroy organisations through complacency.

But hey, you guys know everything anyway so obviously there’s nothing to learn from me. Enjoy your careers.

How’d that go for a word count? Do I need more to cater for fool sufferer?