PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orderly Dog
Thread: Orderly Dog
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2018, 09:18
Wander00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, pay parades. Watton, mid 60s, and 360 was 25% RN, aircrew and ground crew. Pile of money on the desk, long queue, and the money pile always seemed to go down more quickly than the queue. usually worked out OK in the end. Navy you stacked the cash in their upturned cap. I remember being astonished at putting in excess of £100 in one guy's cap, when £100 was worth.....

Early in second career at Binbrook as OC Accts, OC Admin, the lovely Mike west, on first working day of the New Year came into the office shaking a signal. Apparently, at the back end of the previous year a number of Lightnings had ended up in Norway, ferrying engineers and bits for a broken jet. None of the guys had any civvies and the Embassy had advanced a fairly large sum of money for then to but shirts, slacks and shoes. The Embassy wanted their money back. Rang the impromptu imprest holder, then a young fg off, later gp capt, and enquired gently where the change and receipts might be. "No problem" he said, "in my bureau at home , I'll bring them in tomorrow". apparently a phone call from my boss to his hastened his arrival, with cash, in my office. I even persuaded the stn cdr to write off the clothing bought so they did not have to give that back as well. Hey ho. Happy days