PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest way to convert ICAO to EASA in Europe
Old 5th Sep 2018, 09:11
bogdanpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow ICAO to EASA conversions - when, how, where?

Hi guys,
I am sure this topic is one of the most talked about here and generally on the internet.
Yet, after many days of research I'm still seeking for more suggestions according to people that tried and experienced!

I have made my PPL and IR in the US + I have 150 hours total flight time, from each 100 as PiC and from each above 50 are as x-country.
Now I want to continue in Europe, as I live here.

Europe is full of schools and possibilities and each school offer their own program to ATPL, each place seemed to offer different options.
The only one common ground I have seen is the ATPL theory part of 14 exams with Distance Learning or in class.

I would appreciate any information based on people experience here about where it is recommended to continue in Europe .
Country, School, what is their offered program, how to make the conversions, what you experienced, how you built hours, what difficulties you dealt on the way..
Did you find out that it was worth and easier to come with US license on different level? So is it better to come to Europe once you have PPL? or maybe once you complete CPL in the US?

I want to have once and for all a merged topic that people can recommend on their experience, based on their experience only.

Thanks guys!
Bogdan